Happy Monday! Before I even get to the meat of this blog post, I simply must tell you about this outfit I’m wearing. First velvet is sooooooo in right now, so naturally, I’d want a velvet piece haha. However, I like to wear currently trending items, but in case they’re faddish, I don’t like to spend too much on it.
This skirt I’m wearing is from Asos, but I don’t think it’s available anymore even though I just bought it two weeks ago. It would look great for Christmas dinner, a church service, a company holiday function, wedding, etc. I linked similar skirts below that you can buy if you’re looking for a great price on a velvet skirt.
The sleeveless shirt is also not available any longer, but I also just bought it from Kohl’s right before Thanksgiving. It was on the clearance rack. I also linked similar ones below starting at $9.99.
The sweater was also from Kohl’s. I linked the exact one and similar ones starting at $9.99. I really like mine because there are ruffles on the sleeve and going down the part that gets buttoned.
The sunglasses are my Black Friday find. When I say Black Friday, I mean, we woke up, went to run some errands, and bought sunglasses. Not a crazy Thursday evening fighting spell lol. Anyway, I linked a similar pair because mine are sold out. I received such a great deal on them. I believe they were over half off!
Last but not least, my shoes are now $49.99. I have received so many compliments on these shoes and for good reason haha. They are so cute! What I love about them is how comfortable they are to wear, and the strap doesn’t fall down or squeeze my skin.
Shop This Look:
- Choose date – and choose theme if using one – ugly sweater party, ornament swap, or cookie swap? This is important to know for the invitations.
- Make your guest list – decide if you want singles or couples. For smaller parties/spaces, invite people who all get along. For larger parties/larger areas where guests can choose their talk-mates, then feel free to invite anyone lol.
- Make, buy, or order invitations. You can also use Evite or send text messages. For more formal events, go with handwritten or ordered invitations. Here are our invitations:
- Invite your guests. It’s busy this time of year, so don’t wait too long to give out the invitations. For more formal events, give our invitations earlier.
- Plan menu – finger foods or a full meal? Depends on the time of day. Parties during breakfast, lunch, or dinner hours will usually require heavier foods.
- Decorate – Target, Hobby Lobby, Amazon, DIY Pinterest projects are your friends.
- Dessert table – cakes, cookies, hot cocoa bar? This was our brownie bar from last year:and we also have had a hot cocoa bar at another event. Here it is:
- Have fun! Take pics – maybe even have a photo booth.
- ***If you’re hosting an ugly sweater Christmas party – here are some areas in which your guests can vote and then give an award for each…if you choose:
*All-Around UGLY Sweater
*Best Couple Combo
*Most Likely to get Arrested if Seen in Public
*Most Likely to go Viral on Social Media
10. If you’re invited to a party – bring a gift for the hostess. An ornament or holiday-inspired candle works well.
Do you have any tips? You can leave them below 🙂