In a few weeks, I will be boarding a plane to OKC for the Senior Bible Quizzing National Tournament. That tournament will run from Saturday until Wednesday. After we are all finished with quizzing, there will be a banquet and awards ceremony until 1am.
On the same day that we are ending our quizzing, NAYC (North American Youth Congress) will be starting. This youth congress will consist of over 17,000 apostolic youth gathered in one place lifting up the name of the Lord. Best part? We get to be there…starting Thursday 🙂
We all know that traveling can be rather stressful, so I thought I would write a post of easy-to-forget things that belong in every suitcase. Here goes:
1. Long-sleeved shirt or light sweater – just in case you get chilly while in a different city/state/country. Another trick if you’re tight on space is to wear the heaviest clothing onto the plane instead of packing them.
2. Bandages – you never know if and when you might need one.
3. Laptop power cord – you’ll definitely need this if you’re bringing your computer.
4. Umbrella – don’t get caught in the rain.
5. Prescriptions/Pain killers – This is to avoid wasting time and money getting prescriptions filled
6. Phone charger – Buying one, especially at the airport, can cost you extra.
7. Personal/feminine hygiene products – pretty self-explanatory.
8. Night clothes – If you’re like my husband (and unless I pack his clothes), don’t forget to pack these.
9. Sunglasses – You probably won’t have trouble finding a new pair of sunglasses, but you may be paying a tourist trap price for them.
10. Sunscreen – If there’s room in your bag, take sunscreen with you.
11. Cash – If you’re traveling out of the country, ATM fees can quickly add up.
12. Hand sanitizer/Airborne – you’ll be traveling with other passengers that might be coughing and sneezing.
13. Reading material – I love to catch up on my reading while on the plane (in between naps of course).
14. Snacks – so important! You never know when you’ll be hit with the munchies and not want to spend an arm-and-a-leg for airport snacks.
15. Belt – You may or may not wear it on your trip, but you might need it once you get to your destination.
***This last items don’t need to be packed in your suitcase, but it is one of the most important items to not forget***
16. Passport or driver’s license – You’ll risk missing your flight because you have to run back home and grab your identification.
Can you think of some other items that need to be packed? I’d love to hear about it so I don’t forget anything lol.