The day, ladies, is finally here! Our home office/classroom remodel is complete, and I’m so glad to share it with you. The trick was to keep the wall colors fairly neutral while adding pops of color. If it was a room for just me, it would have pink ALL OVER! Since I have to share it with boys (tee hee), I had to add some more masculine colors and a darker rug. Most of the accessories we purchased were spray painted gold if they weren’t already that color.
We started this last year. Look HERE to see how the room started. We were at the end of the project and I wanted to have a picture of Milt and me in a little, gold frame. That held up posting the ending results. After that was done, he agreed to build the two-person desk I had begged him to build. In the beginning, I had wanted the two-person desk for him and me and then we would give Milty his own desk, but when he didn’t build the desk, he and I shared the one we had. His pile of papers over-crowding my cute little space got old…fast! Lol.
What I do love about the desk is it’s everything I envisioned. He even put an outlet with a USB charger in it. Anyway, after the desk was built, I then had to wait for it to be painted/stained. In his defense, he has been all over the place remodeling here, NY, working, etc.
I also recorded a YouTube video of the space. I’ll get that posted within the next few days, if not sooner. I’ll give you an idea of where we purchased some items:
- the lamp was from Home Goods. We spray painted it gold and attached the flower we purchased from Hobby Lobby
- the polka dot curtains, the tassel pillow, and the A+ mug were from Pier 1
- my desk was from Target – the knobs were spray painted
- the chair in the corner was from Marshall’s
- the other two ghost chairs were from Home Goods and Ross
- the cork board was given to us by a friend and we put fabric and gold nail heads on it
- the clock was purchased from Marshall’s and spray painted gold
- the gold curtains, two small mirrors, and rug were from Ross
- the two side tables were spray painted gold
- the shelves on the wall were from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- the other decorations on the wall were from Hobby Lobby, Target, Ross, Home Goods
- the personalized pen cup was from Pineapple Proper
- the personalized Kate Spade mug was from Swoozies
If I missed anything, please leave a comment below or send me an email. Thanks for reading!